Bananas are the perfect food. No, seriously. Before I started counting my macros I would eat SO many of them! I would eat them in my oatmeal, with peanut butter and cinnamon, in my smoothies, just plain as an easy and healthy snack, in pancake recipes, cookies, and of course, MUFFINS.
There isn’t much to say about these muffins, except that they are to die for, really! If you like banana bread, then you will like these super healthy, extremely easy to make, and VEGAN banana muffins!
The recipe is just the muffins plain, but you can add all kinds of fun toppings, if you’re in to that sort of thing, which I totally am, so that’s what I did! I just played around with a few different things and my personal favorite is to mix a few chocolate chips into the batter, because banana chocolate chips muffins, YUM!
- 1 flax "egg" (1 tbsp flaxseed meal + 3 tbsp water)
- 1/4 cup peanut butter
- 3 ripe medium sized bananas
- 1 cup rolled oats
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 1/2 tsp cinnamon
- 2 tbsp agave
- Preheat the oven 375F and grease a muffin pan.
- Make your flaxseed egg by combining the 1 tbsp of flaxseed meal with 3 tbsp of water and set aside for 5-10 minutes.
- Place all of the ingredients into a food processor and blend until the batter has a smooth consistency.
- Pour the batter into the muffin pan, making sure to distribute the batter evenly throughout all 12 cavities.
- Bake the muffins for 15 minutes until they are golden brown on top. Poke with a toothpick to make sure the center is done, if it isn't allow the muffins to bake for another 3 minutes or until the toothpick comes out clean.